Let’s see how to export passwords in Microsoft Edge Chromium. Microsoft Edge allows you to save your usernames and passwords to provide the best sign-in experience when you visit a site by auto-fill saved credentials to the site sign-in page and export passwords to a CSV file.
This is a more useful option to export your saved passwords from the Edge browser if you switch to browsers. You can easily import into another chromium-based browser. It is imperative to save the exported password file in a secure location as anyone with access to your device or stored location can view your passwords. In the previous post, you have seen How to View Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge.
Export Passwords in Microsoft Edge
Here’s how to export all your saved passwords for sites to a CSV file in Microsoft Edge. To export saved password, let’s follow these steps –
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the three-dot menu at the top-right corner and then click on Settings.
- On the left side, click on Profiles. Under your profile section on the right side, click the Passwords.
- Under the Saved passwords section, you can see all the saved passwords for the Website that your browser has saved. If no list appears, that means you haven’t saved any passwords.
- Click on the More actions (3 dots), on the right side Save passwords, and click on Export passwords.
Important – When you export saved passwords for sites to a CSV file, the exported passwords or files are not encrypted. Your passwords will be visible to anyone who has access to the exported file. It’s recommended to save the file to a secure location.
- Click on Export passwords to confirm.
- You will get a prompt to either enter your Password, PIN or Face for your account based on the security you are using. Enter credentials to allow this.
- You can browse to your preferred folder or location to saved passwords in a secure location. Click Save. Once done, you can see by default save file will be appeared as “Microsoft Edge Passwords.csv”.
- You can open saved password .csv file using Excel to see all your saved passwords for sites.
- Microsoft Edge Whitepaper
- New Downloads Experience In Microsoft Edge | Windows 10
- How to Add Favorites in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Disable First Run Experience in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Enable or Disable Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off Sync in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Install Progressive Web App in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Enable or Disable Shopping in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Turn On or Off Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Enable or Disable Startup Boost in Microsoft Edge Chromium