Let’s see the New Downloads Experience in Microsoft Edge. Microsoft has introduced a new downloads interface for Chromium-based Microsoft Edge. Starting with Microsoft Edge version 90, You can manage your downloads more easily. It allows you to access downloads from a flyout in the menu bar. The downloads button will show on the toolbar automatically whenever you download. It has a progress ring, allowing users to monitor the overall download progress from the toolbar.
This menu is easily dismissible, so you can continue browsing uninterruptedly, and you can monitor your overall download progress right from the toolbar. Let’s check more about the downloads experience –
Downloads Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge
- In Microsoft Edge, When you start afresh download, a new button will appear in the top-right corner with all the active downloads in one place.
If you haven’t downloaded a file recently but want to check out the new menu, Navigate to Settings > More menu on Microsoft Edge. Scroll down this post to see how you can activate the new option.
- If the download is started, The progress ring on the downloads button will show the status of the downloads. Click on the Downloads button in the toolbar. You can hover over or right-click on files in the list to pause, restart, cancel a download or open the file quickly.
Note – The downloads button will remain in the toolbar till all the downloads have finished. After this, the progress ring will change into a green checkmark. You can open the menu to view the finished downloads and hide the button again.
- In the downloads button, you can open the downloads folder and search downloads as well.
- Click on See more to view and manage past downloads on Microsoft Edge.
Downloads Button Menu
Click on the More options (…) button in the Downloads menu that includes –
- Open downloads page – You can see your current and past downloads in the list.
- Clear all downloads history – You can remove all your download history.
- Downloads Settings – This option allows you to Change download location and choose download behavior when a file starts downloading, completed.
- Show/Hide Downloads button on toolbar – You can also add or remove the download button to the toolbar with Downloads menu options.
Pin or Unpin Downloads
The downloads menu option can also be pinned open, enabling users to monitor downloads in detail while browsing.
- Click on the Downloads button on the toolbar. Click on the Pin () button on the toolbar in the Downloads menu.
- Once the downloads menu pinned, you can monitor your downloads in detail while you browse.
To unpin Downloads, Click on the Downloads button on the toolbar or click on the Close Downloads (X) button in the Downloads pane.
Add or Remove Downloads Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge Settings Menu
If you haven’t downloaded a file recently, you can still access the new downloads menu. Here’s how –
- In Microsoft Edge, click on the three-dot menu.
- Right-click on Downloads, and click on Show in toolbar or Hide from toolbar.
- You now see the Downloads button added in the Edge toolbar. As I had clicked on Show in toolbar on above options.
- To Remove Downloads Button from Toolbar in Microsoft Edge. Right-click on the Downloads button on the toolbar, and click on Hide from toolbar.
- Introducing the new downloads experience – Microsoft Edge
- How to Turn On or Off Sync in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Install Progressive Web App in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Enable or Disable Shopping in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- FIX The code execution cannot proceed because edgegdi.dll was not found in Windows 10
- How to Add Favorites in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Disable First Run Experience in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Enable or Disable Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Enable or Disable Startup Boost in Microsoft Edge Chromium