Let’s understand how to Fix Error Code 0x800f0922 Windows 10 Update failed to install. Many users recently experienced while installing the Windows Update, It has failed to install the update with an error code 0x800f0922 resulting in an incomplete installation. However It could be due to various reasons, you can follow the methods provided below to resolve the issue and up to date your device.
Error 0x800f0922 occurs when downloading the Windows 10 updates. Generally, the problem is the update or rather some of the windows files, which might have been corrupted during the installation. The error code 0x800f0922 also appears if you do not have enough free space 500 MB in system reserved partition, encounter during .NET Framework installation, but it is not limited to .NET Framework only.
Solution – Fix Error Code 0x800f0922 Windows Update Failed to Install
Verify EFI System Partition Size
Your system partition space should at least 500 MB of free space. If you do not have enough storage, try to clean up junk files. You may need to extend the partition using third-party partitioning tool.
Verify .NET Framework Features
Make sure you have the latest version of NET Framework installed, you can validate from Turn Windows features on or off. Here’s how:
Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows Features in Windows 10
- Restart your PC and try to install Windows update.
Repair Corrupted Windows System Files with SFC and DISM Commands
- For a quick check, Open Command Prompt, Run as administrator. You can use the command:
sfc /scannowto scan and repair files.
- The DISM command tool helps to repair an image, including Checkhealth, Scanhealth, and Restorehealth depending on the issue. Open command Prompt and Run as administrator. Type the following command, and then press Enter after you type each command –
Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth Dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Note – Once you complete the above steps, DISM will run and verify if there’s any data corruption that may require fixing and determine whether the Windows 10 image needs repairing, if needed it will connect to Windows Update online to download and replace damaged files. The process may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
Rebuild The Base Performance Counters
Windows Performance Counters provide a high-level abstraction layer that provides a consistent interface for collecting various kinds of system data such as CPU, memory, and disk usage. System administrators often use performance counters to monitor systems for performance or behavior problems.
If the performance counter libraries may become corrupted and need to be rebuilt by following.
- Type the following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER.
/Ris uppercase. You must have administrative rights on the computer to successfully perform this command.
- On a computer that is running a 32-bit edition of Windows, the
Lodctr /R:<filename>command is the standard method to restore performance counter registry strings and information by using a file name.
- Resync the counters with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), type the following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER.
Hope the above steps will help you to resolve Windows 10 update failure with error code 0x800f0922.
If you have any questions please reach out to us Via HTMD Forum Web Portal or Applications. More Details 👉 HTMD Forum App | iOS & Android Applications | Introduction | Release
- Windows Update – additional resources
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Configure Collection Size Limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings | Configuration Manager | SCCM
- How to Enable God Mode in Windows 10 | Easy Access Settings
- Windows 10 How to Disable Web Search From Start Menu
- How to Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10
- How to Change Windows 10 Multi-Tasking Options with Alt + Tab Shortcut Keys | Microsoft Edge Tabs
- How to Display Windows 10 Last Sign-in Information During User logon | Group Policy
- Fix Windows 10 Disk Space Issues Automatically with Storage Sense
- How to Remove RDP Connection Entries from Windows Remote Desktop Connection Client | Windows 10
- How to Customize Folders Appearance in Windows 10 Start Menu
- How to Check ConfigMgr Task Sequence Size | SCCM