In this post, you will learn to turn your Windows 10 PC into a mobile hotspot by sharing your Internet connection with other devices over Wi-Fi. You can share a Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or cellular data connection. If your PC has a cellular data connection and you share it, it will use data from your data plan.
A hotspot is a site that offers Internet access over a wireless local area network (WLAN) through the use of a router connected to a link to an Internet service provider. To convert to a mobile hotspot your PC needs to be connected to the Internet, after that you will able to turn on a mobile hotspot and join other Wi-Fi devices such as laptops, tablets, and mobile phones to your mobile hotspot.
Lets follow the steps to turn on or off mobile hotspot in Windows 10 PC to share your internet connection.
Turn On Mobile Hotspot in Windows 10 PC
- Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet.
- Select Mobile hotspot. To share my Internet connection, choose the Internet connection either Ethernet or WiFi from the dropdown list you want to share. By default, Windows 10 assigns network name, password, and band to the hotspot. Select Edit to customize or change the network name and password.
- In Edit network info, If you want to change network name and password, network band (5 GHz, 2.4 GHz, or Any available) provide the inputs and Click Save.
- Once you completed, Turn On Share my Internet connection with other devices.
- To connect on the other device, go to the Wi-Fi settings on that device, find your network name, select it, enter the password, and then connect. Here you can see other PC is successfully connected to mobile hotspot.
- Once anyone successfully connected to your mobile hotspot. You will able see a list of devices that are connected as shown below.
Turn off Mobile hotspot
- When you are done using your Mobile hotspot, you can turn off internet connection sharing with other devices. Under Mobile hotspot, Click the Mobile Hotspot toggle to turn it off.
- Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Configure Collection Size Limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings | Configuration Manager | SCCM
- How to Enable God Mode in Windows 10 | Easy Access Settings
- Windows 10 How to Disable Web Search From Start Menu
- How to Change Windows 10 Multi-Tasking Options with Alt + Tab Shortcut Keys | Microsoft Edge Tabs
- How to Display Windows 10 Last Sign-in Information During User logon | Group Policy
- Fix Windows 10 Disk Space Issues Automatically with Storage Sense
- How to Remove RDP Connection Entries from Windows Remote Desktop Connection Client | Windows 10
- How to Customize Folders Appearance in Windows 10 Start Menu
- How to Check ConfigMgr Task Sequence Size | SCCM
- FIX Error Code 0x800f0922 Windows 10 Update Failed to Install