Let’s find out the easy way to Check ConfigMgr Task Sequence Size. Microsoft introduced a new feature in the ConfigMgr production version 2010 that allows you to view the list of task sequence sizes in the Configuration Manager console. Most of the time you might be experienced an extremely large task sequence that exceeds the limit for the task sequence file size displays an error.
Starting in version 2010, Configuration Manager restricts the following actions for a task sequence in the site database that’s greater than 2 MB in size –
- Save changes in the task sequence editor.
- Save changes with PowerShell cmdlets.
- Import a new task sequence.
- Any other change using supported SDK methods.
Let’s learn the tricks to Optimize ConfigMgr Task Sequence OS Deployment
If you try to save changes to a large task sequence, the task sequence editor will display an error. In the Configuration Manager console, the Size (KB) column helps SCCM admins to identify problematic large task sequences that can cause problems. By checking the total size of the task sequence, you can review that task sequence and try to reduce the size of the task sequence to less than 2 MB in the database to prevent issues.
Let’s check Task Sequence Size –
ConfigMgr Task Sequence Size
Let’s learn how to check ConfigMgr Task Sequence Size:
- Launch Configuration Manager / SCCM console.
- In the Configuration Manager console, go to the Software Library workspace.
- Expand Operating Systems and select the Task Sequences node.
- Here you can see the task sequence Size (KB) column.
- If you are not able to see the Size (KB) column. To add the Size (KB) column, Right click on a column detail name, and Select Size (KB) column.
- Manage Configuration Manager task sequences
- Top 5 New Features of SCCM 2010 | ConfigMgr
- SCCM Task Sequence Available Deployment Options in Distribution Points Tab | ConfigMgr
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Configure Collection Size Limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings | Configuration Manager | SCCM
- How to Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Access in Windows 10
- How to Enable God Mode in Windows 10 | Easy Access Settings
- How to Capture Screenshots in Windows 10 | Tools
- Windows 10 How to Disable Web Search From Start Menu
- How to Turn On or Off Focus Assist in Windows 10
- How to Change Windows 10 Multi-Tasking Options with Alt + Tab Shortcut Keys | Microsoft Edge Tabs
- How to Display Windows 10 Last Sign-in Information During User logon | Group Policy
- Fix Windows 10 Disk Space Issues Automatically with Storage Sense