In this post, you will learn how to disable First Run Experience in Microsoft Edge Chromium. The new Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium and is compatible with all supported versions of Windows. With speed, performance, best-in-class compatibility for websites and extensions, and built-in privacy and security features, it’s the only browser you’ll ever need.
When users launch the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge for the first time, it will load a welcome page, known as the First Run Experience. You can use the HideFirstRunExperience policy to configure browser experience on your managed devices. The First-run experience and the splash screen will be shown to users when they run Microsoft Edge for the first time.
Let’s Hide the First-run experience and splash screen.
Registry – Disable First Run Experience in Microsoft Edge Chromium
If you enable this policy, the First-run experience and the splash screen will not be shown to users when they run Microsoft Edge for the first time. To add or import a registry value follow these steps:
Important – We recommend you create a backup before editing the registry.
- Open Notepad, Copy and paste the registry value below into the text editor.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Edge] "HideFirstRunExperience"=dword:00000001
- It will look like in the following syntax when you see the file.
- In the File menu, select Save As and click Browse to your preferred folder or location. In the File name box provide the appropriate name “FileName.reg” with .reg extension and Choose Save as type “All” from the drop-down list. Click Save.
- The registry file will appear on your saved location. To start the execution, Double click or Right-click and select the Merge option on the saved .reg file content to merge into the local registry.
- A warning box with the following messages prompted, Click Yes to continue.
- Once Information in the path of the .reg file has been successfully entered into the registry below prompt will appear. Click OK.
- Once you completed the steps, You will be experiencing, The First-run experience and the splash screen will not be shown to users when they run Microsoft Edge for the first time.
- Hide the First Run Experience in the new Microsoft Edge
- How to Enable or Disable Sleeping Tabs in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off Vertical Tabs in Microsoft Edge Chromium | Windows 10
- How to Enable or Disable Startup Boost in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- FIX The code execution cannot proceed because edgegdi.dll was not found in Windows 10