In this post, you will see how to change Windows 10 Multi-Tasking Options with Alt + Tab Shortcut Keys in Windows 10. Alt+Tab lets you quickly switch between open windows on Windows 10 and you can also navigate between apps using the arrow keys. Starting with the latest Windows 10 October 2020 Update, Microsoft has brought a new experience with shortcut Alt + TAB for users.
This includes all your open tabs in Microsoft Edge along with apps, items you have opened will appear when you use Alt-Tab. Traditionally, it only focused on desktop apps that are open in Windows. The changes are designed to make you more productive and save you time while multitasking. What is Multi-Tasking Configuration? Read-on you will find out more details in this post.
Many Windows 10 Shortcut Keys Options Available in Windows 10, Check it out here – Windows 10 Shortcut Keys Keyboard Shortcuts
Alt + Tab User Experience
- Alt + Tab = The quick way to access your apps and web tabs. lets you easily access the apps you have open on your desktop, but now you can also access your open tabs in Microsoft Edge.
- Quickly jump between open webpages with shortcut Alt + Tab, Select the Alt key and tap Tab to toggle through all the apps and items you have open, including website tabs in Microsoft Edge.
Change Windows 10 Multi-Tasking Options with Alt + Tab
- In Windows 10 device, Select the Start button, and then select Settings > System.
- Select Multi-tasking, under Alt + Tab, Select an option from drop-down menu which you want in the Pressing shortcut Alt + Tab shows –
Open windows and all tabs in Edge (Default) Open windows and 5 most recent tabs in Edge Open windows and 3 most recent tabs in Edge Open windows only
- The change is effective immediately, if needed restart File explorer or device. Press Alt + Tab shortcut key.
Change Alt + Tab Experience using Registry
- Click Start, type regedit. Then, select Registry Editor.
- Navigate to following registry path –
- On the right side locate the key MultiTaskingAltTabFilter.
- Double click “MultiTaskingAltTabFilter” and set the following as the value data and to save changes, click OK.
Value data 0 :Open windows and all tabs in Edge (Default) Value data 1 :Open windows and 5 most recent tabs in Edge Value data 2 :Open windows and 3 most recent tabs in Edge Value data 3 :Open windows only
- Close Regedit and try to use Alt + Tab shortcut key to see how it works.
- Multitasking improvements in Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge
- FIX This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2 Issue | Upgrade on Hold
- How to Disable User Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 | First
- FIX Black or frozen screen in Skype for Business during Screen Share | SfB | Windows 10
- How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 | Quick Easy Way
- How to Unblock App Files in Windows 10
- SCCM Task Sequence Available Deployment Options in Distribution Points Tab | ConfigMgr
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Configure Collection Size Limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings | Configuration Manager | SCCM
- How to Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Access in Windows 10
- How to Enable God Mode in Windows 10 | Easy Access Settings
- How to Capture Screenshots in Windows 10 | Tools
- Windows 10 How to Disable Web Search From Start Menu