Let’s understand how to Reduce Background Noise in Microsoft Teams Meetings. Microsoft Teams has options that automatically reduce unwelcome background noise during calls and meetings which help keep participants focused and to create a better meeting experience. Whether it be multiple meetings occurring in a small space, children playing loudly nearby, or construction noise outside of your home office, unwanted background noise can be really distracting in the Teams meetings.
Teams offers three levels of noise suppression to help keep participants focused. Users can enable this helpful new AI-based noise suppression option by adjusting their device settings before their call or meeting. Also find out some third-party applications to reduce background noises of Microsoft Teams application.
Lets check how can you reduce unwanted noise from calls and meetings, this is more useful feature when working at home.
Background Noise Suppression in Microsoft Teams
- Launch Microsoft Teams App.
- In the Microsoft Teams, click your profile picture at the top right then click Settings.
- Select Devices on the left and then, under Noise suppression section, select the level of suppression from available options you wish to use:
Note: This setting is currently available only in the Teams Windows desktop app.
• Auto – This is the default setting, Teams analyzes the noise and auto adjust the suppression for blocking background noise based on what it detects in the background.
• High – Suppresses all background sound except speech. This option is currently not available if the meeting or call is being recorded or live captions is turned on.
• Low – Suppresses low levels of persistent background noise, such as a computer fan or air conditioner. Use this setting for playing music.
• Off – Noise suppression is disabled. Use this setting for high-fidelity microphones in low noise environments.
- Once you complete these steps, calls should not add loud background noise.
Background Noise Suppression From Teams Meeting or Call Window
To affect the noise suppression level for a meeting or call you’re currently in, follow below steps:
- Select More options in your meeting controls.
- Select Device settings, under Noise suppression, select an option.
3rd Party Application to Reduce Background Noise for Teams
Let’s have a quick look at the third-party application to reduce background noise for Teams application. Well, you can noise cancellation headphones (Example – Sennheiser SDW 5 BS) to improve the quality of Teams meetings.
The Krisp is one of the third-party application to reduce background noise for Teams application.
- Reduce background noise in Teams meetings
- FIX This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2 Issue | Upgrade on Hold
- How to Disable User Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 | First
- FIX Black or frozen screen in Skype for Business during Screen Share | SfB | Windows 10
- How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 | Quick Easy Way
- How to Unblock App Files in Windows 10
- SCCM Task Sequence Available Deployment Options in Distribution Points Tab | ConfigMgr
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Configure Collection Size Limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings | Configuration Manager | SCCM
- How to Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Access in Windows 10
- How to Enable God Mode in Windows 10 | Easy Access Settings
- How to Capture Screenshots in Windows 10 | Tools
- Windows 10 How to Disable Web Search From Start Menu