In this post we will show you how to capture screenshots in Windows 10 using a Snip & Sketch tool. Starting with October 2018 update, Microsoft has introduced a Snip & Sketch tool for Windows 10 users. Snip & Sketch preinstalled in Windows 10 devices. The Snip & Sketch tool is easier to access, more screen capture options, annotation tools, and ways to share your annotate screenshots.
Snip & Sketch is an upgraded version of snipping tool added in Windows 10. If you are familiar with Snipping Tool in Windows 10. You also might experienced this alert on screen In a future update, Snipping Tool is moving. In a future update, Snipping Tool will be moving to a new home. Try improved features and snip as usual with Snip & Sketch.
Note – Microsoft consider to remove snipping to away from Windows 10, but have not release official date or Windows version when this Snipping tool will be removed.
This post will help you to see different available options to take screenshots in Snip & Sketch on Windows 10.
Open Snip & Sketch to Take a screenshot
- Select the Start button, type Snip & Sketch in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Snip & Sketch from the list of results.
- Select the New button to start snipping with the snipping bar.
To quickly snip and share a screenshot, press the Windows key + Shift + S to bring up a snipping toolbar, then drag the cursor over the area you want to capture. It will go straight to your clipboard.
- Capture any of the following types of snips –
|Rectangular snip||Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.|
|Freeform snip||Draw a free-form shape around an object.|
|Window snip||Select a window, such as a dialog box, that you want to capture.|
|Full-screen snip||Capture the entire screen.|
- Select the kind of snip you want, and then select the area of the screen capture that you want to capture.
Annotate a snip
Snip & Sketch provides a few tools for annotating images, namely pen, pencil and highlighter. Once you click a tool to select it, you can click it again to change its color or thickness.
- Use the Eraser tool to remove specific strokes or click it twice to get the option to erase all ink.
- Use the ruler or protractor tools and draw straight lines or arches.
- Press the ruler/protractor button again to hide the ruler/protractor
- Reside or rotate the ruler/protractor by using two finger touch gestures (if the Touch Writing button is selected) or with the mouse wheel.
- Use the crop tool to crop the annotated image.
- To undo cropping, select the crop tool again and press Cancel to restore the image to its full original area.
Panning the view
Some of the images you annotate might be larger than the size of the Snip & Sketch window. You can use the scroll bars to pan the view, but you can also pan the view with touch input (if the Touch Writing button is not selected) or by dragging with your mouse button while holding the Ctrl key down.
Zoom in and out of screenshots to make them easier to mark up using the magnifying glass icon. You can also zoom in and out of screenshots by pressing the Ctrl key down and tapping the + or – buttons.
Delay your screenshot
First, identify the menu or other components you want to capture. You can adjust by selecting New button and selecting your delay time to start countdown. It provides a 3 or 10 seconds delay after use so that you can access context menus and object handles that disappear after another item is clicked on.
Save a snip
- After you capture a snip, select the Save Snip button.
- In the Save As box, type a file name, location, and type, and then select Save.
- Use Snipping Tool to capture screenshots
- How to Set File Explorer to Open This PC instead of Quick Access in Windows 10
- FIX This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2 Issue | Upgrade on Hold
- How to Disable User Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 | First
- FIX Black or frozen screen in Skype for Business during Screen Share | SfB | Windows 10
- How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 | Quick Easy Way
- How to Unblock App Files in Windows 10
- SCCM Task Sequence Available Deployment Options in Distribution Points Tab | ConfigMgr
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Configure Collection Size Limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings | Configuration Manager | SCCM
- How to Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Access in Windows 10
- How to Enable God Mode in Windows 10 | Easy Access Settings