In this post, you will learn how to Change Registered Owner and Organization Information in About Windows. Let’s check where you get details of the registered owner, organization. Windows 10 displays these details in the About Windows. You can simply type the Winver in the search bar and press ENTER to see Registered Owner and Organization details for your device in About Windows.
This post will help to modify the Windows Registry to display preferred name for registered owner and organization in Windows 10.
To understand what is this “major.minor.build.rev” for Windows 10 👉 Windows 10 Major Minor Build Rev | Where Can I Get Details?
Change Registered Owner and Organization Using Registry
Here we need to follow the below steps to change the registered owner and Organization of this installation of Windows, from the Windows Registry. To open Registry Editor in Windows 10:
- Click Start, type regedit. Then, select Registry Editor.
You must be logged in as an Administrator on the computer.
- Navigate to following registry path –
- On the right side locate the key RegisteredOrganization , RegisteredOwner.
- Double click on key to edit it. Now type preferred name and to save changes, click OK.
Important – We recommend you create a backup before editing the registry.
- Once you modified the value, you can see it will be appear as shown below.
- When completes, you can close Registry Editor.
- You can type the following in the search bar and press ENTER to see Registered Owner and Organization Info details for your device in About Windows.
- Windows 10 RegisteredOwner Details
- How to Change Screen Brightness in Windows 10
- How to Set File Explorer to Open This PC instead of Quick Access in Windows 10
- FIX This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2 Issue | Upgrade on Hold
- How to Disable User Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 | First
- FIX Black or frozen screen in Skype for Business during Screen Share | SfB | Windows 10
- How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 | Quick Easy Way
- How to Unblock App Files in Windows 10
- SCCM Task Sequence Available Deployment Options in Distribution Points Tab | ConfigMgr
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Configure Collection Size Limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings | Configuration Manager | SCCM
- How to Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Access in Windows 10