PWA is Progressive Web Application. https://howtomanagedevices.com is my new blog and this blog is PWA enabled website. This blog is more for video blogs than text content. In this video post, you will see PWA Windows Desktop video experience. I will also cover PWA iOS and Android Mobile experience.
Google announced Desktop progressive web apps support for Chrome 70 or later. Once your website is PWA enabled, it (web site) can be ‘installed’ on the user’s device much like native apps. They’re fast.
PWA Windows Desktop apps provide more integrated, reliable experience because they launched in the same way as other apps, and run in an app window, without an address bar or tabs.
Advantages – PWA Windows Desktop
PWA for Windows Devices
In this section, you will see how to install app (PWA) on Windows 10 desktop using Chrome 70 or later. PWA Windows Desktop experience is exaplained also in the video tutorial above.
- Update your Chrome version to 70 or later on Windows 10 device
- Launch (Re Launch) Chrome
- Open https://howtomanagedevices.com or anyother PWA enabled website
- Click options button as you can in the below picture
- Click on Install “How to Manage Devices” button. How To Manage Devices is the name which I provided for this website.
- Click on Install button from Install App popup
- Launch the Desktop or Start menu shortcut to launch the PWA Windows Desktop app for HowToManageDevices blog
PWA for iOS Devices
The following are the steps which we need to follow to get PWA iOS experience for you. The PWA Windows Desktop experience is different from this iOS experience. You can use Safari (default browser) on your iOS device.
- Launch Safari
- Go to https://howtomanagedevices.com (any website which is PWA enabled)
- Click on Share button
- Click on Add to Home Screen button
- Click on ADD button
- Click on App button (HTMD) created on your iOS home screen
PWA Android Experience
PWA Android Experience is better than iOS and PWA Windows experience of obvious reasons. The following are the steps which we need to follow to get PWA iOS experience for you. I have a video which explains PWA Windows Desktop experience.
- Launch Chrome browser
- Launch the PWA enabled website
- Click options button from chrome browser
- Click on Add to Home Screen option
- Click on Add button from the popup
- Click OK on the next pop screen
- Click on PWA app (HTMD) icon from home screen
Who helped me to design PWA enabled blog ? https://kloudboy.com/