Hello in this video post you are going to see and the new feature or new option which got introduced in SCCM 1906 technical preview. We will see more about “Clear Application Content from Cache After Installing.”
The new option “Clear Application Content from Cache After Installing” is very useful for OS deployment scenarios. In many scenarios yes, the SCCM client might have limited cache size so it will be challenging for most of most of the SCCM admins to manage the client cache.
What is the Advantage?
The new feature got introduced in SCCM 1906 technical preview version and I’m sure it will come to the production version of 1906 as well) is very useful in real-world scenarios.
With “Clear Application Content from Cache After Installing” option, you can clear in the application cache content from the client cache once the application is installed during the task sequence process. This this option is very helpful in many Windows 10 upgrade scenarios.
How to Use – Clear Application Content from Cache After Installing
So, let’s see how to enable this (Clear SCCM Cache content) option or how to use this option?
- Right Click on the task sequence and click on Edit. (DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK ON Task Sequence – view is the default option when you double click)
- Once the SCCM TS Editor window is opened with all the steps go to ADD menu and go to software and click on install application.
- Select the option called clear application content from cache after installing (this option is at the bottom of the page)
- Click OK to finish
NOTE! – Once you enable this option after the application installation that Task Sequence will make sure that application content is cleared or removed from the client cache. What do you think about this particular option which got added to SM 1906?
- SCCM 1906 New Features Sneak Peek
- Features in SCCM technical preview version 1906
- Deep Dive SCCM Application Model Troubleshooting