The above video tutorial is created one year back. And now Google announced that device admin won’t be supported for Android device management for upcoming versions of Android. Android Enterprise will be the only supported version for device management with Microsoft Intune.
The above video explains – Prerequisites of Android Enterprise, Intune portal admin configurations, Add Google play apps to Google Work, Android enterprise Device enrollment, Work profile creation and Removal of Android for work profile.
1 Prerequisite for Android Device Management
- Devices with Android 5.0 Lollipop and later will only have work profile and Android Enterprise support as per Google (Android Device). This is nothing to do with Microsoft and Intune.
- Some of the Android Enterprise settings are available only for Android 6.0 and later.
- It’s important to understand Android Enterprise does NOT support all androiddevices in the market- list of supported devices –
Google state device admin will remain supported in Oreo now and through the next major release, Android P. Once Android Q is announced, Android Enterprise will be the only available solution for device management going forward.
Google finally announced device admin will not be supported in future for device managment. So I won’t suggest to use use normal Android Device managment with Intune.
- Beginners Guide Intune Android for Work and Google Play for Work Setup
- Android Related Latest posts – https://howtomanagedevices.com/android/