Microsoft has released the latest Windows 11 Insider preview Build (22000.65) with plenty of changes and fixes based on the feedback. In this post, let’s look at what’s new in the latest build, and at the end of the article, some workarounds suggested by Microsoft for existing issues that will make your Windows 11 Experience better.
Windows 11 preview build (22000.65) upgrade experience is similar to Windows 10 enablement package update experience. We have more details – The latest Windows 11 update experience. In this post, let’s learn more about Windows 11 new features.
If you are still wondering how to install Windows 11 insider preview version or upgrade your test VMs/laptops to Windows 11, you can refer to the detailed guide below. More details about how to Upgrade to Windows 11 and how to register to Windows 11 Insider Program Registration Process.
New Features and Fixes
- Search Bar in Start Menu
Windows 11 has many changes in the latest build, and the most Noticeable change that Microsoft has made in the latest build is adding the Search bar to the start menu, which will make your task of searching for things much easier.
- Refresh option added to context menu
Another Noticeable change is Refresh Option. In Previous builds, we had to click on ‘show more options’ after right click on the desktop to refresh, as shown here. The Refresh task has been simplified since it has been added to the context menu, and users can directly refresh by just a single right-click.
- Troubleshoot option in Volume Icon
Now you have the option to troubleshoot sound problems by right-clicking the Volume icon on the Taskbar.
- Show Desktop Option now available from Taskbar
Microsoft has fixed the issue of users not using the ‘Show desktop’ feature from the edge of the Taskbar.
- Date and Time now reflects preferred format
In previous builds, there was a delay in reflecting the preferred time format on the taskbar. With the latest build, this issue has been resolved.
- Power Mode Feature
New Feature called Power Mode has been added under which users are provided with options to select mode depending on their usage.
- ‘Run As Administrator’ option has been added in Context menu for running Scripts instead of going to Show More Options.
- Microsoft has also updated several alert boxes like for e.g., ‘Battery is running low’ prompt.
- Issue with the App “Snip & Sketch” where users were not able to use “New Snip in X seconds” has also been fixed.
- New GIF Selections are available for Windows Insiders in China from weshineapp.com. You can view them via Emoji panel shortcut (Win + .)
NOTE! Learn more about Customize Windows 11 Taskbar Notification Area and other new Windows 11 features.
Known Issues in the Windows 11 latest Build
Here, I will highlight some of the Major Known Issues that you might experience while using Windows 11 and their workarounds if Microsoft has provided any.
- Sometimes you might not be able to enter text in Search bar from Start Menu or Taskbar. In such cases open Run Window using WIN+R and then close it.
- Apps might get automatically minimized or Launched if you try to re-arrange them on Taskbar.
- Search bar might not appear even after clicking on the Magnifying Icon on the Taskbar. If you experience such issue restart the “Windows Explorer” process from Taskbar and try launching the search bar again.
- Even for the Supported Hardware’s you might see an alert/prompt saying “Standard Hardware Security Not Supported”.
- In Microsoft Store you might not be able to install Apps in some scenarios. Also, Ratings and Reviews are not available for some Apps.
Issues with Widgets
- You may not be able to launch Apps using their respective Widget.
- Widgets may appear empty. To resolve this issue you need to Log off and Log in.
- If you add Multiple Widgets some of the widgets might not appear on the Dashboard
So, these are some of the Features, Fixes, Known Issues, and workarounds that stood out for me if you like to take a detailed look at all the Build Details.
1 thought on “Windows 11 Insider preview build 22000.65 Latest Features Fixes Known Issues”
Good one with clear explanation between previous and new added features..