Microsoft released Windows 10 out-of-band update KB5004327 to address an issue preventing installing or opening Xbox Game Pass games. This update is available over Windows Update and Microsoft Update Catalog. Out-of-band update to address an issue preventing installing or opening Xbox Game Pass games.
Microsoft has identified an issue that affects a small number of devices with Windows 10, versions 20H1, 20H2, and 21H1. As a result, it has expedited a resolution which is now available as an out-of-band update. This update addresses an issue in which to install or open an Xbox Game Pass game on your Windows 10 device, and you might be redirected to the Microsoft Store page for Gaming Services.
The following is the issue you can see when you try to install or start Xbox game pass game on Windows 10 devices.
Something Unexpected Happened Reporting this problem will help us understand it better. You can wait a bit and try again or restart your device. That may help.
Fix Fix 0x80073D26 and 0x8007139F Errors – KB5004327
Microsoft released an Windows 10 out-of-band update KB5004327 to Fix 0x80073D26 and 0x8007139F Errors. More details KB5004476 (OS Builds 19041.1055, 19042.1055, and 19043.1055) Out-of-band.
- Open Notepad.
- Copy-and-paste the following PowerShell script into the empty Notepad document:
Get-AppxPackage gamingservices -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers
Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServices" -recurse
Remove-Item -Path "HKLM:\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\GamingServicesNet" -recurse
- Press Ctrl+S to open the Save As dialog box.
- In the File name box, type RepairGamingServices.ps1.
- Change the Save as type box to All Files (*.*).
- Click Save.
- Right-click the PowerShell script and select Run as administrator.
- Restart your device.
- Start the Xbox application. You should see a blue banner with the following message: This app needs an extra component. Gaming Services are needed for playing some games. Administrator approval required. Install
- Select Install to reinstall Gaming Services.
Windows 10 Archives – HTMD Blog #2 (howtomanagedevices.com)