Let’s understand what is Enterprise context option in Windows 10 task manager! What is the importance of Windows 10 enterprise context option?
You can use Task Manager to check the context of WIP enlightened apps when Windows Information Protection (WIP) is enabled for . to make sure that your organization’s policies are applied and running correctly.
Before WIP Policy Deployment
When you try to check the enterprise context before applying WIP policy deployment to Windows 10 devices, then you can see something like below. NA display for all applications.
After Applying WIP Policy
Let’s see what would be the end-user experience after applying the Windows Information Protection policy. You can see three types of contexts as you see in the below section.
The Windows 10 Enterprise Context column shows you what each app can do with your enterprise data. There are 3 types of enterprise context available now.
- Domain – howtomanagedevices.onmicrosoft.com This type of app is considered work-related and can freely touch and open work data and resources.
- Personal -This type of app is considered non-work-related. It can’t touch any work data or resources.
- Exempt -WIP policies don’t apply to these apps (system components). If you add some apps to the exempt list, then there is a change of data leakage.
- Determine the Enterprise Context of an app running in Windows Information Protection (WIP)
- Azure Portal Teams SharePoint Blocked with Microsoft Edge Chromium Browser WIP Fix
- Windows Information Protection | WIP Learn with Joy Part #1 | Intune