Let’s see how to enable or disable startup apps in Windows 11. Startup apps that start automatically when you sign in to a Windows device. A startup Apps is a program or application that runs automatically after the system has booted up, usually services that run in the background. There are several ways to add or remove a program from the application list that automatically runs with the OS.
This feature is helpful for programs that you use a lot, and some programs are designed to start automatically. Allowing unnecessary apps to run at startup may increase the time to start Windows, lead to performance issues. As more apps you have added in, the autostart takes longer for the operating system to prepare. You can prevent apps from running automatically using Task Manager, Settings, Registry, or many more ways.
Enable or Disable Startup Apps in Task Manager
Here’s how you can quickly change startup apps behavior from task manager –
- Right click on Start button and Open Task Manager in More details view. Switch to the Startup tab.
Press Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) to open Task Manager
- Select an app from the Startup list you want to change, and select Disable at bottom so it doesn’t run automatically Or You can right click on app and select Disable.
- Similarly, To run app at startup. Select an app you want to change and click on Enable.
- Once you done, Close Task Manager.
Enable or Disable Startup Apps in Windows Settings
Let’s follow the steps below to change startup apps settings from Windows Settings app –
- In Windows 11 device, Open Settings.
- Click on Apps on the left side, and click on Apps & features on the right side.
- Select an app from the appeared list you want. Click on the 3 dots of an app, and click on Advanced options.
- Under Apps option, Move to Runs at log-in, Turn On or Off the toggle switch for the apps you want to add or remove from startup.
Note – Runs at log-in option is available for Store apps that support an auto-start.
- You can click on Configure startup tasks to directly move to Apps Startup list settings.
Enable or Disable Startup Apps from App Advanced options
Let’s explore App advanced option to change the settings for startup Apps –
- Open Settings, Click on Apps on the left side, and click on Startup on the right side.
Under the Startup Apps list, Turn On or Off the toggle switch for the apps you want to add or remove from startup.
Once you complete the above steps, Based on the selection, if you disable the apps from startup. It won’t automatically start when users log on to the system. Similarly, to allow applications to run at startup. You need to enable.
- New Features Windows Terminal in Windows 11 Find Rename Tab
- Windows 11 Chat Application Microsoft Teams How to Configure or Enable
- How to Turn On Night Light in Windows 11
- How to Change Screen Brightness in Windows 11
- List of New Windows Tools in Windows 11
- Easy Ways to Rename PC in Windows 11