Let’s check the available Windows Tools in Windows 11. Microsoft renamed the Administrative tools folder in Start to Windows Tools starting with Windows 10 build 21343 release to better organize all the admin and system tools. The tools in the folder might vary depending on which edition of Windows you are using.
Windows Tools, aka Administrative tools, is a folder in Control Panel that contains tools for system administrators and advanced users. It is one of the handiest features for an IT admin that allows quick access to perform your computer-management tasks and manages several operating system parameters for quick troubleshooting.
You can use these tools to manage a local or remote computer, making it easy to view administrative properties and gain access. All tools are basically placed in a folder that contains shortcuts of Windows where the tools are actually located. To quickly access, Double-clicking one of these shortcuts will start that tool. These are the different ways to open Administrative Tools on Windows 11. Let’s explore the option.
What are the Windows Tools in Windows 11?
It is a folder that contains tools for system administrators and advanced users. There are around 38 Tools available. The tools are located within the folder C:\Windows\System32\ or its subfolders. Here’s the list of commonly used tools –
- Character Map
- Command Prompt
- Component Services
- Computer Management
- Control Panel
- Defragment and Optimize Drives
- Disk Cleanup
- Event Viewer
- iSCSI Initiator
- Local Security Policy
- ODBC Data Sources
- Performance Monitor
- Power Automate
- Print Management
- Quick Assist
- Recovery Drive
- Registry Editor
- Remote Desktop Connection
- Resource Monitor
- Steps Recorder
- System Configuration
- System Information
- Task Manager
- Task Scheduler
- Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Windows Fax and Scan
- Windows Media Player
- Windows Memory Diagnostic
- Windows PowerShell
- Windows PowerShell ISE
Open Windows Tools from Search
Here’s how you can quickly access Tools from Search –
- In Device, Click on Search icon located at taskbar or Press Windows Key + S keyboard shortcut to open Windows search.
- Type Windows Tools into the search box.
- Click on Open to launch.
Open Windows Tools from Control Panel
Let’s follow the steps below to open Tools from Control Panel –
- In Windows 11 device, Open Control Panel, and Make sure you’re viewing control panel in either Small or Large Icons view.
- Here, you can see Windows Tools apears at bottom. Click on to open Tools.
You will be redirected to the folder, and Here you can see the available tools to make IT Admin life easier.
Open Windows Tools from File Explorer
Here’s how you can access Tools from file explorer with the steps below –
- In Windows 11 Device, Open File Explorer or Press Windows + E keyboard shortcut to directly jump in this section.
- Click on the address bar of File Explorer. Type or directly Copy and paste the path below into the address bar, and press Enter.
%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Tools
Here you will be redirected to Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ folder with lists of shortcuts.
- Windows 11 Chat Application Microsoft Teams How to Configure or Enable
- How to Enable Hyper-V in Windows 11
- Windows 11 Context Menu Share Dialog Options Appearance
- New Windows 11 Keyboard Shortcuts Update
- New Features Windows Terminal in Windows 11 Find Rename Tab
- Add or Remove Windows 11 Widgets Button on Taskbar Easy Option