This post will show you how to Show Fewer or More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box in Windows 10. A file transfer window will open on your device when you perform the actions basically (Copy, Cut or Delete) to the files. A file transfer dialog box will appear with a button Fewer details or More details, expanding the dialog box upon clicking on More details shows information about file name, speed, calculated time and items remaining.
Information – If you click on “Fewer Details” or “More details” button during file transfer process, Windows keep your choice and always shows the same file transfer dialog box with “Fewer Details” or “More details”, next time you perform a file transfer operation.
File Transfer Dialog Box
This file transfer dialog box appears when you are copying files to destination in Windows 10.
Lets check to process to show More Details or Fewer Details in file transfer dialog box using Registry.
To Show More Details in File Transfer Dialog Box Using Registry
- Open Notepad, Copy and paste the registry value below into the text editor.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\OperationStatusManager] "EnthusiastMode"=dword:00000001
- It will look like in the following syntax, when you see the file.
To Show Fewer Details in File Transfer Dialog Box Using Registry
- Lets Show Fewer Details in File Transfer Dialog Box. Open Notepad, Copy and paste the registry value below into the text editor.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\OperationStatusManager] "EnthusiastMode"=dword:00000000
- In the File menu, Select Save As and click Browse to your preferred folder or location. In the File name box provide the appropriate name “FileName.reg” with .reg extension and Choose Save as type “All” from drop-down list. Click Save.
- The registry file will appear on your saved location. To start the execution, Double click or Right click and select Merge option on the saved .reg file content to merge into the local registry.
- A warning box with the following messages prompted, Click Yes to continue.
- Once Information in path of .reg file has been successfully entered into the registry below prompt will be appear. Click OK.
End User Experience
- Here’s how whenever you perform a file transfer operation, the progress dialog box will be automatically expanded to show More Details.
- Here’s how whenever you perform a file transfer operation, the progress dialog box will be automatically expanded to show Fewer Details.
- How to Set File Explorer to Open This PC instead of Quick Access in Windows 10
- FIX This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2 Issue | Upgrade on Hold
- How to Disable User Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 | First
- FIX Black or frozen screen in Skype for Business during Screen Share | SfB | Windows 10
- How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 | Quick Easy Way
- How to Unblock App Files in Windows 10
- SCCM Task Sequence Available Deployment Options in Distribution Points Tab | ConfigMgr
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Configure Collection Size Limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings | Configuration Manager | SCCM
- How to Enable or Disable Remote Desktop Access in Windows 10
- How to Enable God Mode in Windows 10 | Easy Access Settings