Let’s see how to set File Explorer to open This PC instead of Quick Access in Windows 10 devices. By default, File Explorer opens to Quick Access. Whenever you open a File Explorer window, you will see the Quick Access view, which provides access to frequently used folders and recently used files.
Follow the steps to change the settings of Windows 10 File Explorer to open This PC.
- Open to This PC/ File Explorer, go to the View tab and then select Options.
- In the Open File Explorer to list, select This PC, and then select Apply.
Use Registry Editor to Set File Explorer to open This PC
You can change the same setting as shown above using the Windows Registry. This is especially useful for apply same setting for multiple users, to be distributed across the network. To add or import a registry value follow these steps:
- Open Notepad, Copy the below registry value
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "LaunchTo"=dword:00000001
- It will look like in the following syntax, when you see the file.
- In the File menu, Select Save As and click Browse to your preferred folder or location. In the File name box provide the appropriate name “FileName.reg” with .reg extension and Save as type “All”. Click Save.
- The registry file will appear on your saved location. To start the execution, Double click or Right click and select Merge option on the saved .reg file content to merge into the local registry.
- A warning box with the following messages prompted, Click Yes to continue.
- Once Information in path of .reg file has been successfully entered into the registry, below prompt will be appear. Click OK.
End User Experience
Finally Done! Open the File Explorer, It will navigate to This PC, Displays Folders, Devices and drives.
- Set File Explorer to open to This PC instead of Quick Access – Microsoft Docs
- FIX This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2 Issue | Upgrade on Hold
- How to Disable User Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 | First
- FIX Black or frozen screen in Skype for Business during Screen Share | SfB | Windows 10
- How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 | Quick Easy Way
- How to Unblock App Files in Windows 10
1 thought on “How to Set File Explorer to Open This PC instead of Quick Access in Windows 10”
Quite helpful for IT and Non-IT people