Let’s learn about How to Disable User Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 for the first time. In this post, we will disable animation appearance when the new user signs in Windows 10 after the new install or upgrade with the help of local group policy and automate the process with a registry tweak.
Windows 10 starts as though it was the first sign-in animation each time the new user signs in. Users greeted with features several messages that might take several minutes to finish.
To improve sign-in performance for users after completing the initial setup on a new installation or upgrade. This Group Policy settings allows you to control whether users see the first sign-in animation when signing in to the computer for the first time, apply only to Windows 10 Enterprise or Professional. This applies to both the first user of the computer who completes the initial setup and users who are added to the computer later.
How to Disable User Sign-in Animation using Local Group Policy
- In Windows 10 device, click Start type gpedit.msc in search to run the Local Group Policy Editor.
You must be logged in to Windows as administrator.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System. Select Logon
- Double-click Show first sign-in animation. This is the default policy setting.
- In the Show first sign-in animation window, select Disabled and click Apply then OK.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor. All changes have been saved and will take effect immediately.
Use Registry Editor to Disable First Sign-in Animation
To add or import a registry value follow these steps:
- Open Notepad, Copy the below registry value
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System] "EnableFirstLogonAnimation"=dword:00000000 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon] "EnableFirstLogonAnimation"=dword:00000000
- It will look like in the following syntax, when you see the file.
- In the File menu, Select Save As and click Browse to your preferred folder or location. In the File name box provide the appropriate name “FileName.reg” with .reg extension and Save as type “All”. Click Save.
- The registry file will appear on your saved location. To start the execution, Double click or Right click and select Merge option on the saved .reg file content to merge into the local registry.
- A warning box with the following messages prompted, Click Yes to continue.
- Once Information in path of .reg file has been successfully entered into the registry, below prompt will be appear. Click OK.
Test on the Windows 10 device, You will see Windows switch immediately to the desktop once the new users signing in for the first time without being able to interact with messages, can make logged in process faster.
- Disabling the Windows 10 First Sign-in Animation via Group Policy – Microsoft Docs
- Create Deploy Group Policy Using Intune Administrative Template
- FIX Black or frozen screen in Skype for Business during Screen Share | SfB | Windows 10