Learn How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10. Cortana is Microsoft’s personal productivity assistant that helps you save time and focus attention on what matters most. This post will guide you to hide or show the Cortana button on the taskbar for your account in Windows 10.
Let’s get started to hide Cortana in the taskbar –
In Windows 10 device, Right click on the taskbar, Click on Show Cortana button to check or uncheck it. This is the default setting as shown below.
When you will uncheck Show Cortana button. It will hide the Cortana button in the taskbar as shown below.
Use Registry Editor to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar
Hide Cortana button
To add or import a registry value follow these steps:
- Open Notepad, Copy the below registry value
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "ShowCortanaButton"=dword:00000000
- It will look like in the following syntax, when you see the file.
- In the File menu, Select Save As.
- Browse to your preferred folder or location. In the File name box provide the appropriate name “FileName.reg” with .reg extension and Save as type “All”. Click Save.
- The registry file will appear on your saved location. To start the execution, double click or right click to merge into the local registry.
- A warning box with the following messages prompted, Click Yes to continue.
- Once Information in path of .reg file has been successfully entered into the registry, below prompt will be appear. Click OK.
You should sign out from device and sign in to apply the changes. After you hide Cortana, It removed from your taskbar as shown below.
Repeat same steps explained above, but use a different file name for the .reg file. You can use this .reg file to make your registry changes on other user’s profile or another computer.
Show Cortana button
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced] "ShowCortanaButton"=dword:00000001
Once you run the registry to show Cortana button. It will appear in your taskbar as shown below.