Let’s check how to FIX Task Sequence Failed to load class properties 0x80041002. If you are using integrate MDT with Configuration Manager, you might receive the error occurred when loading the task sequence when you create a Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) task sequence in Configuration Manager. It prompts you “Failed to load class properties and qualifiers for class BDD_UsePackage in task sequence.”
You can also explore the process to Configure MDT Integration into SCCM and the Advantages of Integrating MDT With Configuration Manager. It provides more than 280 enhancements that MDT adds to Configuration Manager.
Issue Summary : Failed to load class properties 0x80041002
This error occurs when attempting to create a Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) task sequence from SCCM Console or edit an existing MDT Task sequence part of SCCM fails with the following error, you will not be able to proceed further. It will prompt, “An error occurred when loading the task sequence.” Description = Failed to load class properties and qualifiers for class BDD_UsePackage in task sequence.
Here are the highlights fromTaskSequenceProvider.log located at the Site Server shows the error Failed to load class properties and qualifiers for class BDD_UsePackage in task sequence 0x80041002 (2147749890)
TaskSequenceProvider.log – Provides information about task sequences when they are imported, exported, or edited.
This error can occur if the MDT Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) classes are not properly registered under the \root\SMS\site_<sitecode> namespace in WMI.
Failed to load class properties and qualifiers for class BDD_UsePackage in task sequence. 0x80041002 (2147749890) TaskSequenceProvider Failed to load node Use Toolkit Package from XML into WMI 0x80041002 (2147749890) TaskSequenceProvider Failed to load children steps for node "Execute Task Sequence" from XML 0x80041002 (2147749890) TaskSequenceProvider Failed to load children steps for node "" from XML 0x80041002 (2147749890) TaskSequenceProvider Failed to load XML for the task sequence into WMI 0x80041002 (2147749890) TaskSequenceProvider
FIX – SCCM Task Sequence Failed to load class properties 0x80041002
To resolve this issue, Let’s follow the steps below –
- It’s important to close all of your remote and local Configuration Manager admin console sessions.
- Logged In to Configuration Manager server, From start menu – Navigate to Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Group, Expand MDT group of programs – Click on Configure ConfigMgr Integration.
- You can also directly search from the start menu for Configure ConfigMgr Intergration.
- In the Configure ConfigMgr Integration wizard, select Remove the MDT console extensions for System Center Configuration Manager, click Next.
Impact of Removing the MDT Integration – This process will not impact the existing task sequence already in SCCM. Removing the Integration will not allow you to create an MDT Task Sequence from the SCCM Task Sequence node. However, when you rerun the integration, It will appear as previously you do work. It’s most important to close the Console while running Integration Wizard.
Here you can see. It’s successfully removed binaries and extensions from SCCM. Click Finish.
- Launch Configure ConfigMgr Integration, select Install the MDT extensions for Configuration Manager, click Next, then click Finish to close the SCCM MDT integration process wizard.
Note – The information related to site configuration will be automatically populated in the Configure ConfigMgr Integration Wizard.
Once you do the steps, try creating the task sequence again. It should now complete successfully.
Bonus Guide – If you missed exploring, I recommend starting from Configure User-Driven Installation UDI Using ConfigMgr and Customizing UDI Wizard with UDI Designer Using SCCM to create a User-Driven Installation OSD task sequence for a better end-user experience.
- SCCM Integrated MDT task sequence Troubleshooting Reference
- OSD Known Issues Troubleshooting Guide |SCCM |ConfigMgr
- ConfigMgr OSD Troubleshooting Known Issues Guide Part 2 | SCCM
- HTMD SCCM Archieve Posts