Let’s check how to disable SCCM application deployment. Starting in SCCM version 2103, Microsoft introduced a new feature that allows you to disable application deployment in SCCM. This is the most efficient way to manage application deployment. If you want to stop the deployment of an application, you can disable it temporarily. And later on, you can enable the deployment.
Learn more about the new features of the SCCM 2103 production version here – Top 5 New Features of SCCM 2103 | ConfigMgr.
Disable SCCM Application Deployment
Let’s see how you can disable application deployment in SCCM-
- In the SCCM console, go to the Software Library > Application Management, and select the Applications node.
- Select an application that you’ve deployed. In the details pane, select the Deployment tab. Right click on deployment, select Disable.
- Once you have disabled an application deployment, you can see the Enabled column showing the status No in the details pane under the Deployments tab.
Note – If you are not able to see the Enabled column in the Application deployment details pane. To add the Enabled column, Right-click on a column detail name and Select the Enabled column.
When you disable the deployment or object for device-based deployments, use the client notification action to Download Computer Policy. For user-based deployments, the user needs to sign out of Windows. Policy updates when they sign in to Windows or every 24 hours by default.
- For a device-based deployment, note the name of the collection in the Collection field of the deployment.
- In the SCCM console, Navigate to Assets and Compliance workspace, select the Device Collections node, and locate the target collection for the deployment. Select the collection and Right-click and select Client Notification. Choose the Download Computer Policy action.
This action immediately tells the client to update its policy from the site. If the deployment hasn’t already started, the client receives the updated policy that the object is now disabled.
Important – You can’t disable an available deployment of an application to a user collection. You can only disable required deployments to user collections or both types of deployments to device collections.
The following table summarizes the supported scenarios to disable SCCM application deployments:
|Deployment purpose||Device collection||User collection|
Enable SCCM Application Deployment
To enable the application deployment, you can follow the same process and select the Enable action on the application deployment.
- In the SCCM Console, Navigate to the Software Library > Application Management > Applications.
- Select an application for that you’ve disabled the deployment. In the details pane, select the Deployment tab. Right-click on deployment, select Enable.
- You can see the Enabled column showing the status Yes in the details pane under the Deployments tab.