Hopefully, this post will give you more details to Configure collection size limits for Task Sequence Deployment Settings in Configuration Manager (a.k.a SCCM). This post will help you to configure and manage task sequence deployment settings with Configuration Manager. By configuring collection size limits in deployment verification site settings, will help admins to manage high-risk task sequence deployments and also reduce the accidental deployments that cause unwanted results. These settings warn administrators if they create a high-risk task sequence deployment.
A high risk deployment is a task sequence with Required deployment settings that deploys an Operating System. More details Deploy Windows 10 20H2 Using SCCM Task Sequence | ConfigMgr | MEMCM
Here lets check the available deployment verification settings –
Available Deployment Verification Settings
You can review and configure size limits in these following deployment verification settings from Primary Site server properties.
- Collection size limits: When you target a deployment using configuration manager, configure collection size limits that hide collections if it include more clients than your specified limit.
- Default size: When you create a deployment, this setting hides collections by default that include more clients than this limit. You can still see these collections when creating the deployment, but they’re hidden by default. The default value is 100. Select 0 to disable a configuration.
- Maximum size: When you create a deployment, this setting always hides collections with more clients than this limit. The default value is 0, which ignores this setting. The Maximum size value must be greater than the Default size value.
High-risk deployments are always limited to custom collections, collections that you create, and the built-in All Unknown Computers collection.
Configure Deployment Verification
Let’s start the process to configure deployment verification site settings –
- In the Configuration Manager console, Navigate to the Administration\Site Configuration, select Sites, and then select the primary site to configure.
- In the primary site, Right click and select Properties
- In Primary Server Properties, move to the Deployment Verification tab. Configure the settings you want to use, and then select OK to save the configuration and close the properties.
Lets see the experience, if you set Default size to 100 and the Maximum size to 1000. When you target a deployment, the Select Collection window only displays collections that include fewer than 100 clients. If you clear the setting to Hide collections with a member count greater than the site’s minimum size configuration (100), the window displays collections that include fewer than 1000 clients as shown below.
- Settings to manage high-risk deployments for Configuration Manager
- SCCM Task Sequence Available Deployment Options in Distribution Points Tab | ConfigMgr
- Use the Settings app Group Policy in Windows 10
- How to Manage Virtual Desktops in Windows 10
- How to Change Screen Brightness in Windows 10
- How to Set File Explorer to Open This PC instead of Quick Access in Windows 10
- FIX This PC can’t be upgraded to Windows 10 version 2004 or 20H2 Issue | Upgrade on Hold
- How to Disable User Sign-in Animation in Windows 10 | First
- FIX Black or frozen screen in Skype for Business during Screen Share | SfB | Windows 10
- How to Hide or Show Cortana Button on Taskbar in Windows 10
- Install .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 10 | Quick Easy Way
- How to Unblock App Files in Windows 10
- How to Extract Specific Windows Index from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO
- How to Hide or Show Pages from Windows 10 Settings App Using Group Policy
- How to Set Data Usage Limit in Windows 10