Microsoft released the SCCM 1810 production version as an opt-in. Yes, it’s opt-in version (fast ring). This SCCM 1810 Upgrade video post will give much more details. The SCCM 1810 won’t be available in your SCCM console until Microsoft releases a SLOW ring version of SCCM 1810. So how do you get the 1810 version today in your console? Here is the blog post from Microsoft to get the 1810 version on to your LAB, Development, or pre-production/staging environment. Checkout Micros oft Annoucement about the release here.
SCCM 1810 Fast Ring is an Opt-in update option given to SCCM customers SCCM 1810 Slow Ring is GA, generally available for all applicable SCCM Infra
[Related Post – SCCM 1810 Upgrade Step by Step Walkthrough Guide ]
Best time to Deploy SCCM 1810 to Production?
Microsoft fully supports the SCCM 1810 fast ring or opt-in version. Hence officially you can upgrade your production environment to SCCM 1810 with opt-in version. However, I won’t directly jump into the production upgrade.
I want to test the 1810 version in the LAB environment and Staging environment before going into production upgrade. By the time I complete all these testing in staging, Microsoft will release the fast ring version of SCCM 1810.
SCCM 1810 Known Issues?
I’m not aware of any known issues of SCCM 1810 production version. However, I will try to keep an eye on SCCM 1810 known issues announcements from Microsoft and update here or in another blog.
SCCM 1810 Upgrade Best Practices?
Microsoft has already provided a checklist of SCCM 1810 upgrade best practices in their documentation here. I would recommend reading that documentation before proceeding with the upgrade. SCCM 1810 In-console update available only for 1710, 1802, or 1806?
- Check All Windows Server, SQL components running on your SCCM site servers for the supportability of SCCM 1810 version
- All sites run a supported version of SCCM
- Review the version of the Windows ADK for Windows 10
- Review the site and hierarchy status for unresolved issues
- Review file and data replication between sites
- Install all applicable critical Windows updates
- Disable database replicas for management points at primary sites
- Set SQL Server AlwaysOn availability groups to manual failover
- Disable SCCM site maintenance tasks at each site
- Create a backup of the site database
- Temporarily stop any antivirus software on SCCM Servers
- Plan for SCCM client piloting
- Plan to use service windows
- Review supported extensions for SCCM 1810
- Run the SCCM 1810 setup prerequisite checker
- Update All SCCM site
SCCM 1810 Download or Upgrade Stuck?
When you have an issue with SCCM 1810 update download and upgrade process, please check the monitoring workspace and understand what is happening. Also, you refer to the log files mentioned in each stage of SCCM console monitoring workspace.
I have blogged about SCCM troubleshooting on update and servicing issue. I would recommend reading the following post to get more help on SCCM 1810 upgrade issues.
Site Server, Client, and Console Version Numbers?
Following table is the best place to know more about the SCCM 1810 console, site server, and client version numbers.
|SCCM 1810 Site Version||SCCM 1810 Console Version||SCCM 1810 Client Version||Baseline||In-console update available for?|
|5.00.8692.1000||5.1810.1075.1300||5.00.8740.1003||No||Yes for SCCM 1710, 1802, or 1806|
What is new in SCCM 1810 version – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sccm/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-1810
SCCM CB End of Life details – https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-life-cycle/
[Related Post – SCCM 1810 Upgrade Step by Step Walkthrough Guide -Coming Soon]