CMUpdateReset.exe is in build Tool provided by Microsoft SCCM to fix download issue. In this video post, you will get more details about how to SCCM updates and Servicing issue. You can find the CM Update Reset tool in the following folder \cd.latest\SMSSETUP\TOOLS.
Run the CMUpdateReset.exe tool from?
- CAS/SQL server
- standalone primary/SQL server
The SCCM download reset tool (CMUpdateReset.exe) must be run on the top-level site (CAS or standalone primary) of the hierarchy. When you run the tool, use CM Update Reset tool command-line parameters to specify:
- The CAS/Primary SQL Server at the top-tier site of the hierarchy
- The CAS/Primary site database name at the top-tier site
- The GUID of the update package you want to reset
What are the SCCM Update Reset Options?
There are two options to fix SCCM Updates and Servicing Issue using the CMUpdateReset.exe tool.
- Reset an update and restart the download
- Force deletion of the problematic update package
What is Next SCCM Updates and Servicing issue is not Fixed?
What if CMUpdateReset.exe didn’t help to fix SCCM Updates and Servicing? The following are the steps to download SCCM updates. You can check this download status from SCCM monitoring workspace. More details in the log file ConfigMgrSetup.log.
- Process update package
- Download update package cab file
- Extract update package payload
- Download redist
- Report package as downloaded
Fix SCCM Updates and Servicing with REDIST Files?
You can fix the issue with downloading SCCM redist prerequisite files using the following method.
- When you have an issue with downloading SCCM REDIST prerequisite files, you can try to use the old method to download prerequisite files.
- Once the prerequisite files are downloaded with the old way, then you can copy those files to D:\Program Files \Microsoft Configuration Manager\EasySetupPayload\<Update PackageGUID >\Redist folder. This can be used a workaround.
All the above steps will ensure that you will fix the SCCM Updates and Servicing Issue.