I have conducted a How To Manage Device Community Weekend Teams Live meeting session to share my real-world experience of ConfigMgr SSRS report creation. I have been helping many of my clients to build custom SCCM reports. The recording is available in this post is available in the below section of the post.
Related Post – SCCM Patching Basics Video Recording Available Now | ConfigMgr
Requirements of SSRS Report Creation
- The Reporting Services Point Account needs to have read-rights to the Reporting database on the SCCM SQL Instance.
- To see all requirements go to Microsoft Docs 👉 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/servers/manage/configuring-reporting
- To see how to add the reporting role go to👉 https://www.anoopcnair.com/setup-configure-sccm-cb-reporting-services-point/
- You need to query the right SQL views in the SCCM database 👉 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/develop/core/understand/sqlviews/sql-server-views-configuration-manager
- SSRS Reports Creation needs basic SQL Query knowledge, if not we can learn from 👉 https://www.w3schools.com/sql/
- SCCM Default Reports:👉 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/servers/manage/list-of-reports
Graphs in SCCM SSRS Reports Creation
- The report data to be presented in graphic view with data
- The report to be clean and add charts if possible.
- Microsoft proves it console-like Client Health & Office 365 Client Management
- Add links between reports to the reader to move next report
- How to create the ConfigMgr SSRS report
- How to add the graph in the Report
- Sample SCCM SSRS Reports creation
- About SSRS Report subscription
- SCCM Patching Software Update Process Guide
- Troubleshooting software update management in Configuration Manager