I have conducted a How To Manage Device Community Weekend Teams Live meeting session to share my real-world experience of ConfigMgr SSRS report creation. I have been helping many of my clients to build custom SCCM reports. The recording is available in this post is available in the below section of the post.
Requirements of SSRS Report Creation
- The Reporting Services Point Account needs to have read-rights to the Reporting database on the SCCM SQL Instance.
- To see all requirements go to Microsoft Docs 👉 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/servers/manage/configuring-reporting
- To see how to add the reporting role go to👉 https://www.anoopcnair.com/setup-configure-sccm-cb-reporting-services-point/
- You need to query the right SQL views in the SCCM database 👉 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/develop/core/understand/sqlviews/sql-server-views-configuration-manager
- SSRS Reports Creation needs basic SQL Query knowledge, if not we can learn from 👉 https://www.w3schools.com/sql/
- SCCM Default Reports:👉 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/servers/manage/list-of-reports
Graphs in SCCM SSRS Reports Creation
- The report data to be presented in graphic view with data
- The report to be clean and add charts if possible.
- Microsoft proves it console-like Client Health & Office 365 Client Management
- Add links between reports to the reader to move next report
- How to create the ConfigMgr SSRS report
- How to add the graph in the Report
- Sample SCCM SSRS Reports creation
- About SSRS Report subscription