SCCM Task Sequence Check Readiness Options Before Windows 10 Upgrade ConfigMgr | Endpoint Manager. Microsoft MEMCM team introduced new read-only variables to the Task Sequence in this version 2001.
Let’s see more details about Task Sequence Check Readiness with Windows 10 upgrade. Configuration Manager 2001 Task Sequence has out of box checks to confirm the existing device configuration before Windows 10 upgrade.
The readiness check is the built-in options availability in SCCM Task Sequence with Windows 10 upgrade options.
Task Sequence Check Readiness
The step also now sets read-only variables for whether the check returned true (
1) or false (
0). If you don’t enable a check, the value of the corresponding read-only variable is blank.
The smsts.log includes the outcome of all checks. If one check fails, the task sequence engine continues to evaluate the other checks. The step doesn’t fail until all checks are complete.
If at least one check fails, the step fails, and it returns error code 4316. This error code translates to “The resource required for this operation does not exist.”
The following are the new options available in the Task Sequence
- Architecture of current OS: 32 Vs 64
- Minimum OS version: for example, 10.0.16299
- Maximum OS version: for example, 10.0.18356
- Minimum client version: for example, 5.00.08913.1005
- Language of current OS: select the language name, the step compares the associated language code. This check compares the language that you select to the OSLanguage property of the Win32_OperatingSystem class on the client.
- AC power plugged in
- Network adapter connected
- Network adapter is not wireless
- Other Features of MEMCM 2001 https://www.anoopcnair.com/configuration-manager-2001-technical-preview/
- What’s New In ConfigMgr Orchestration Group|SCCM
- SCCM Orchestration Group Setup Step by Step Guide for Server Patching.