In this video guide, you are going to see all about how to install SCCM client manually on Windows 10 machine. I’m going to use a command-line option to install SCCM Client on Windows 10 machine.
The SCCM client can be installed in different ways. There are many blogs about installing SCCM clients in different ways. This is one of the way to install SCCM clients manually on a Windows 10 machine for beginners.
SCCM clients can be installed using group policy, client push, software update options, imaging/task sequence etc… (more details below).
- Client push installation (From SCCM Console)
- Software update point-based installation (GPO GPEDIT.MSC)
- Group policy installation (GPO – GPEDIT.MSC)
- Using Microsoft Intune (Intune/Azure Console)
- Package and program installation (SCCM Console)
- OSD Task Sequence (SCCM Console)
- Logon script installation (AD)
- Workgroup computers (Manual)
- Internet-based client management (SCCM/Manually ?)
- Provision client installation properties (GPO)
- Manual installation (Manual via command prompt?)
This manual installation of SCCM client on Windows 10 device I will provide you a more significant idea of how exactly SCCM client is being installed what the process is is behind it.
I would recommend installing the SCCM client manually if you are new to SCCM. And this post would be helpful to you with the same.
SCCM client Manual Installation
You can start the installation from CCMsetup.exe. The source files to CCMsetup.exe will be available in your primary server or CAS. You can copy it manually from primary server to Windows 10 device.
Once you have copied it, you can start a command prompt with admin rights. Source Files ▶▶ \\<site server name>\SMS_<site code>\Client\
NOTE! – You must have administrator permissions to access the Manual SCCM client installation files.
Command Line which I used in the above video is :- CCMSetup.exe /Source:”C:\SCCM\Client” SMSSITECODE=TP4
Install SCCM Client Manually
When you select the command-line options to install the SCCM client manually, there are two (2) types of parameters:
- CCMSetup.exe parameter
- Client.msi Parameters
Install SCCM Client Manually – Command Line Parameters are mentioned below.
SCCM CCMSetup parameter
SCCM Client.msi properties
- Client.msi property
More About Install SCCM Client Manually
client installation parameters and properties – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/core/clients/deploy/about-client-installation-properties
- SCCM Client Upgrade Promote Pre-Production Client to Production
- SCCM 1909 New Features Enhancements Extend Migrate SCCM To Azure
- SCCM Client Versions Production And Preview Releases