In this post we will see what the improvements and new features are available in this technical preview version of SCCM. Lets see the SCCM 1909 new features.
Latest SCCM Preview Baseline version download and install the latest preview baseline version SCCM 1907.
Extend Migrate SCCM To Azure
The ExtendMigrateToAzure.exe tool helps to Extend or Migrate SCCM infra to Azure. You can start the process by creating an SCCM passive server in your Azure tenant. This tool would be really helpful in the scenario if you want to move your SCCM infra to Azure.
Location of the tool – SCCM 1909 -> Cd.Latest\SMSSETUP\TOOLS\ExtendMigrateToAzure\ExtendMigrateToAzure.exe
SCCM Orchestration Groups
SCCM Orchestration Groups are the evolution of Server groups. To make it more simple SCCM orchestration groups are the advanced version of server groups in SCCM to help with complex server patching scenarios.
I have a step by step guide which will help you to create Orchestration Groups in SCCM. More details https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-orchestration-group-setup-guide/
The Task Sequence improvements in Language support
SCCM IPU Task Sequence with different Language options can be scripted with this feature available in SCCM 1909 version.
SCCM 1908.2 version provided us a feature to specify the default keyboard layout during OS deployment through the task sequence.
With 1909 version, within the task sequence you can change the following setting within Apply windows settings step based on different conditions.
- Time zone
- Input Locale
- system locale
- UI language
- UI language fallback
- User locale
Task sequence Download on demand Over the Internet
SCCM 1909 – A task sequence can now download content on demand when a client is connected via the Cloud Management Gateway (CMG) and Cloud Distribution Point (CDP).
Windows Insider Pre-Release for Windows 10 1909
Windows Insider Pre-Release builds of Windows 10 1909 can now be managed as software updates in SCCM 1909 TP onwards.
- Synchronize the new product category “Windows Insider Pre-Release” to have the new updates available for deployment.
- Deploy an update to clients from the product category “Windows Insider Pre-Release“, available in the “All Windows 10 Updates” node under “Windows 10 Servicing.”
This refresh includes BitLocker Management Help Desk and Self Service Portal websites as well as SQL Reports relevant to BitLocker Management.
Create the policy under Endpoint Protection
Deploy the policy to a device collection
Verify recovery key in database
New BitLocker Features – MBAM Integration
You can create and manage MBAM policies with SCCM and MBAM integration. More details https://www.windows-noob.com/forums/topic/16726-on-premises-bitlocker-management-using-system-center-configuration-manager/
The following is the sample SCCM BitLocker policy which I created with SCCM 1909 technical preview version!
• Name: Test 1909
• Component Configuration: Client Management Component enabled
• Component Configuration: Operating System Drive Component enabled
• Choose a drive encryption and cipher strength: Enabled
• Select the encryption method: AES 128-bit (default)
• Choose a drive encryption and cipher strength: Not Configured
• Operating System Drives:
• Fixed Data Drives:
• Removable Data Drives:
Client Management Information
• Configure BitLocker Management Services: Enabled
• Select BitLocker recovery information to store: Recovery password and key package
• Enter client checking status frequency in (minutes): 90
Operating System Drive Information
• Operating System Drive Encryption Settings: Enabled
• Allow BitLocker without a compatible TPM (requires a password): Allow
• Select protector for operating system drive: TPM only
• Configure minimum PIN length for startup: 4
- Viewing MBAM reports for Configuration Manager integration
- How to use the administration and monitoring website
- How to use the self-service portal
What’s New CMPivot
- Additional CMPivot Entities and Enhancements
- Based on user-voice feedback we have added a number of new CMPivot entities and entity enhancements to aid in troubleshooting and hunting including entities to query Windows event logs (WinEvent), file content (FileContent), dlls loaded by processes (ProcessModule), hidden and system files (File), Azure Active Directory information (AADStatus), and endpoint protection status (EPStatus).