SCCM 1906 (TP) onwards, administration service helps SCCM console to communicate with the SMS Provider over HTTPS (instead WMI). In this video post, you will see an issue with SCCM 1906 Technical Preview version “Configuration Manager Can’t connect to the administration Service.”
Log file AdminService.log
You can now enable some nodes of the SCCM console to use the administration service. This change allows the console to communicate with the SMS Provider over HTTPS instead of via WMI. This change is only applicable to the following nodes:
- Administrative Users
- Security Roles
- Security Scopes
- Console Connections
Note! – You can read more details about SCCM Administration Service from here.
I upgraded to SCCM 1906 technical preview, and since then, I was not able to access four (4) nodes mentioned above.
Whenever I try to access Administrative Users node from SCCM console, it gave me the following error.
“Configuration Manager can’t connect to the administration service. The configuration manager console can’t connect to the site database through the administration service on SCCMTP2.intune.com.”
FIX – Administration Service Issue
You need to enable the following configuration/checkbox to get the SCCM console for Administrative users, Security Scopes, and security roles nodes.
- In the SCCM console, go to the Administration workspace, expand Site Configuration, and select the Sites node. In the ribbon, select Hierarchy Settings.
- On the General page, select the option to Enable the Configuration Manager console to use the administration service.
Above Fix – Didn’t Work?
As Mentioned in the above video, you need to make sure you have enabled the following settings. Also, it’s worth restarting the SCCM Console.
- Enable “Use Configuration Manager generated certificates for HTTP site systems.“
- Make sure – SMS Issuing certificate is not BLOCKED
- Restart the SCCM console and check the SCCM console nodes
- SCCM Console Debugger – Show SCCM Object Details Option
- Improvements to Configuration Manager console with HTTPS services
- Microsoft Intune for SCCM Admins Part 1