This blog will explain how to configure the iOS and macOS platforms for use with Intune. Let’s learn how to Configure Intune Enrollment setup for iOS macOS Devices. Let’s setup enrollment for macOS and iOS devices with Microsoft Endpoint Manager Intune.
Why do you need to manage iOS and macOS devices? This is for helping the users to become more productive at the same time protecting the enterprise resources like email, SharePoint, and OneDrive etc…
Prerequisite: Recommend to use company email ID for Apple Business manager certificate and communication, the Company id to be registered in Apple portal (https://appleid.apple.com/account)
Related Post – Validate Azure AD Dynamic Group Rules | Intune
Create Apple Push notification Certificate
Now let’s dive into the Intune admin configurations.
- Step 1: Open the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center portal https://endpoint.microsoft.com/
- Step 2: Select Devices -> Enroll devices under Device enrollment section
- Step 3: Select Apple enrollment and click Apple MDM Push certificate (to register the apple certificate).
- Step 4: Under the Point 1. Select I agree for I grant Microsoft permission to send both user and device information to Apple
- Step 5: Under the Point 2. Click Download you CSR for Download the Intune certificate signing request required to create an Apple MDM push certificate
NOTE! – The IntuneCSR.csr file will be download to your profile download folder or it will prompt to save the IntuneCSR.csr file.
- Step 6: Under the Point 3. Click Create your MDM push certificate for Create Apple MDM push certificate
It will redirect to Apple Sign in portal
- Step 7: Input your Apple registered ID and Password
Step 8: After you are signed into the Apple Push Certificates Portal then click Create a Certificate icon. (https://identity.apple.com/pushcert/)
- Step 10: On the Create a New Push Certificate page, select Choose File icon, browse and select the IntuneCSR.csr file saved on your computer.
Review the file information and click Upload
- Step 11: On the Confirmation page, click Download
The MDM_ Microsoft Corporation_Certificate.pem file will be download to your profile download folder or it will prompt to save the MDM_ Microsoft Corporation_Certificate.pem file.
- Step 11: Go back to Endpoint Manager Portal, Under the Point 4. enter the your company registered Apple ID
- Under the Point 5. Click Browse, to select the MDM_ Microsoft Corporation_Certificate.pem file saved on your computer
- Click Upload
- Step 12: Verify the MDM Push certificate was successful on the Notifications toggle
- Step 13 : Click the Apple MDM Push certificate from the Enroll devices page to confirmation the Status is Active as show below
Successfully Configured the Apple Enterprise device enrollment.
- MS Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/enrollment/apple-mdm-push-certificate-get
- More about Intune: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL67vGzo-INWO_0e-iSXsMHoRwB1mrTvU4