In this post, you will see Intune search option improvements for Groups and Members. There are lots of improvements in the groups experiences to help you manage your groups, including members and owners, quickly and easily that are coming to Microsoft Intune.
Let’s see how to search for members and owners of a group and use search filters as part of the groups improvement from Intune Portal which is a part of the preview.
According to Microsoft, here are some of the improvements in this preview include:
- New groups search capabilities, such as substring search in group names
- New filtering and sorting options on member and owner lists
- New search capabilities for member and owner lists
- The more accurate group counts for large groups
Enable Preview – Search Groups and Members
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Select Groups > All groups.
- If you are not part of the preview, join the preview to see the latest features and improvements. In All groups, Select the banner at the top of the page to view previews or select Preview features.
Note – You can see the preview tag on all groups pages that have improvements and are part of the preview.
- To enable feature, Under Enhanced group management toggle the switch to turn On and Click Apply.
- One the feature is available for you. In All groups page, You can see total groups counts.
Group Search and Sorting
- The groups list search has been enhanced, and when you enter a search string, the search automatically performs a start with and substring search on the list of group names. The substring search is performed only on whole words and doesn’t include special characters. Substring search is case-sensitive.
For example, a search for HTMD Users appears with two group name whose name is App HTMD WVD Users and HTMD Users.
- You can now sort the groups list by name using the arrows to the right of the name column heading to sort the list in ascending or descending order.
Group Member Search and Filtering
- In All groups, select the group from the list or search for group.
- On the Overview page, You can see group member counts for groups of all sizes. You can now see the total number of direct members for a group and the total membership count.
- On Members page, you can search the members of a specific group by name and perform the same search on the groups owners list. If you enter a string in the search box in the new experience, a starts with the search will automatically perform.
- You can filter the member and owner lists by user type. To see the information of specific user, Click on Add filters and select User type, click on Apply.
- In the User type column of the list, you can filter the list by Member and guest to determine if there are any guests in the group.
- Under Members, Select All members tab. Here you can view the list of all members of the group. The members list includes all the unique members of the group, including any transitive members.
- Search groups and members (preview) – Intune
- Intune Co-Management Workloads Report | Endpoint Manager
- Windows 10 Feature Update Intune Report | Endpoint Manager
- How to Use Group Policy Analytics in Intune Portal | Endpoint Manager
- Learn How to Collect Windows 10 Diagnostics Information from Intune Portal | Endpoint Manager
- How to Check Intune Service Release Version | Endpoint Manager
- How to Export All Devices Data from Intune Portal | Endpoint Manager
- Sign-in Activity Reports in Intune portal | Endpoint Manager