Let’s discuss Intune Company Portal Setup for Personal Windows 10 Device and Intune Enrollment Options. How many of you have seen the following message in the Company portal “This Device hasn’t been set up for corporate use yet. Select this message to begin setup.” As part of Free Intune training, I was testing BYO and CYO enrollment scenarios for Windows 10 operating system.
More details about Intune Enrollment Options (very much useful) – https://microscott.azurewebsites.net/2018/08/31/managing-windows-10-with-intune-the-many-ways-to-enrol/
The Intune enrollment scenario which I’m discussing in the post is:
- Windows 10 Device is Azure AD Registered
- Intune Company portal application is installed from Microsoft store (public)
Enroll for Corporate Use (MDM Enrollment with Azure AD Registered)
- Let’s click on the “This Device hasn’t been set up for corporate use yet. Select this message to begin setup” to start the enrollment process.
- Add Corporate account to this device (Azure AD Registration Done)
- Connect this device to work (MDM enrollment PENDING)
- Click NEXT
- Click CONNECT – You must connect this device to work to access company apps and resources
- More Info – What happens if you install the Company Portal app and enroll your Windows device in Intune?
- More Info – What information can my organization see when I enroll my device?
- Enter the user name (cooperate user name)
- Click on NEXT button
- Completed the Intune MDM enrollment process for Windows 10 personal device.
- Your Device is now connected to Click on NEXT to continue
Results – Intune Company Portal Setup
Now you can see the Windows 10 Personal device is
- Azure AD Registered
- MDM Enrolled (Intune enrollment).