Let’s see options to perform Intune enrollment for Windows 10 Azure VM. I don’t think MDM auto enrollment works for Windows 10 Azure VM and is supported by Microsoft yet.
NOTE! – I recommend going through the post “How To Take RDP Of Azure AD Joined Azure VM Using Bastion” before trying this option on your Windows 10 Azure VM.
Make sure you have appropriate licenses to perform Azure AD Join and Microsoft Intune. More Details – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/licenses
Intune is included in the following licenses:
- Microsoft 365 E5
- Microsoft 365 E3
- Enterprise Mobility + Security E5
- Enterprise Mobility + Security E3
- Microsoft 365 Business
- Microsoft 365 F3
- Microsoft 365 Government G5
- Microsoft 365 Government G3
Microsoft did not enable the support for Intune auto enrollment for Azure AD Join Azure Windows 10 VMs.
The latest versions of Windows 10 devices can be manually enrolled to Intune by adding a work or school account. More details – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/fundamentals/migration-guide-setup
Intune Enrollment for Windows 10 Azure VM
Let’s try to enroll Windows 10 Azure VM into Intune. Are you wondering how can you take RDP of Windows 10 Azure VM? Here is the answer to the RDP question.
- Open Settings application
- Select Accounts – Access work or school
- Click +Connect
- Set up a work or school account with following steps
- Enter the Work email ID to enroll in Intune
- Enter the Password
- Click on YES to continue
- Setting up your device is completed – Got It
Let’s see the results of Intune Enrollment for Windows 10 Azure VM.
NOTE! – Remember the Intune Management extension application deployments are only supported on Windows 10 Azure AD Joined devices.
- Managed by Default Directory –
- Intune is able to deliver Windows Apps Win32 Applications via Intune management extension agent.
- Sign in to Windows virtual machine in Azure using Azure Active Directory authentication
- How To Delete Azure AD Stale Device Records