I have noticed that there is a new Azure portal application for Windows devices. You can download the app from Microsoft trusted website. Yes, it’s exciting for me that I can use this new Azure Portal Application for Intune Device Management as well.
Download and Install Azure Portal Application
I got this piece of information from the walkingcat tweet. I downloaded the AzurePortalInstaller.exe from the Microsoft Azure site mentioned above and double click on it to install it.
I have explained the entire download and installation process of the new Azure Portal App is in the above video tutorial.
Details – Azure Intune Portal Application
I initially felt like a new Azure portal application is a PWA application based on chrome or Microsoft Edge Chromium browser. But, I could find any processes running in the background while the new Azure Portal application is running.
Processes – Azure Portal Launcher Application
I have checked the processes running on Windows 10 1809 machine while Azure portal application is open. I could find three (3) processes with the same exe as you can see below.
- Microsoft Azure Portal Launcher (MicrosoftAzurePortal.exe)
- Microsoft Azure Portal EXE (MicrosoftAzurePortal.exe)
- Sign in to Microsoft Azure (MicrosoftAzurePortal.exe)
Folder Location of Azure Portal Application
I found that the portal launcher application created specific folders in my user profiles as I showed in the above video. You can check the details of the Azure Portal application folder details.
C:\Users\Anoop C Nair\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AzurePortal\Production\MicrosoftAzurePortal.exe
Version – Azure Application Portal Launcher Application
I think the version details you can get from the file called version inside the same folder as mentioned above.
Azure Portal App Launcher == v3.0.10
- Azure portal App is challenging to close, and you need to close it from Windows task manager.
- It won’t really work offline unlike other PWA apps 🙂
- Not sure whether it will work for Windows 7 or Windows 8 or Previous versions of Windows 10? I tested with Windows 10 1809 and Microsoft Edge Chromium, Chrome, etc… installed device.